Saturday, February 19, 2011

Snapshots of My New Life...


Today while walking to get some coffee I saw Sambo, the town elephant, walking to work. This reminded me that yes, despite the fact that I was going to get a cappuccino, I am still living in Cambodia.


 I have had many of these reminders slowly but surely as I am trying to appreciate my routine, but still appreciate the differences around me. I still see monks riding on motos daily, I know that I can get a balloon from numerous balloon carts walking around town, but that getting something like scissors from an office supply store can sometimes be touch and go.

Some pictures are included to give you a better idea of my new life.


Sunrise on the Mekong, one block from my house.


The bridge from the water festival tragedy in November.


Phnom Penh skyline from the soccer stadium (yes, they do have a soccer stadium, no, no one plays soccer).


Superbowl at 6AM on a Monday morning? Sure, why not!


Garden at the National Museum, a favorite place of mine.


Typical Cambodian street without traffic (a rare sight to see).


In Cambodia they have one movie theater and it exclusively shows Khmai horror films. 


I returned from the gym yesterday to find this outside my house. 




No comments:

Post a Comment